DENVER REAL ESTATE MARKET
I am proud to offer UNFILTERED access to the Denver Metro List. This is updated real time so if you save a property as a favorite and its price is reduced, you get notified immediately.
My mortgage expertise covers the following states in which I’m licensed: Colorado and California.
- Capital City: Denver
- Nickname: Centennial State
- Motto: Nil Sine Numine (Nothing without Providence)
- Statehood: August 1, 1876 (38th)
- Origin of State’s Name: From the Spanish for the color red, which was applied to the Colorado River.
- Largest Cities: Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Lakewood, Fort Collins
- Border States: Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming
- Land Area: 103,730 sq. mi.; 8th largest
- State Bird: Lark Bunting
- State Flower: Rocky Mountain Columbine (aquilegia caerules)
- State Tree: Colorado Blue Spruce (picea pungens)
- State Song: Where the Columbines Grow
- Denver receives 300 days of sunshine a year
- Denver is the nation’s most highly educated city with the highest percentage of high school and college graduates.
- Denver brews more beer than any other American city.
- Denver has the largest city park system in the nation with 205 parks in city limits and 20,000 acres of parks in the nearby mountains.
- Denver is the “Baby Boomer” capital of America with the highest percentage of boomers of any major U.S. city.
- Denver is 20th in the U.S. in population, but has the 10th largest downtown in terms of office space and retail space.
- Denver has the nation’s second largest performing arts center. The Denver Performing Arts Complex has eight theaters seating over 9,000 people.
- Denver citizens contribute more public funding for the arts per capita than any other U.S. city.
- Denver has the thinnest residents of any U.S. city, according to a federal study.
- Denver really is a mile high. There’s a spot on the west steps of the State Capitol building that is exactly 5,280 feet above sea level.
- Capital City: Sacramento
- Size: 158,706 square miles (3rd largest state)
- Population: 37,679,000 – highest state population
- Nickname: The Golden State
- Motto: Eureka (“I have found it”)
- Statehood: September 9, 1850
- Largest Cities: Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Fresno *
- Border States: Arizona, Nevada, Oregon
- State Animal: California Grizzly Bear
- State Bird: California Valley Quail
- State Flower: Golden Poppy